Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I used to blog about life and such, but it has been a while and I have been out of touch.  I made the decision to resurrect this blog to chronicle my journey to complete my first 50 miler.  I began running in 2010 for weight loss.  I was 220 pounds and needed to do something.  I started running to cross train to get in shape for club soccer.  My first year I ran about 150 miles.  I didn't know what I was doing, kind of like this blog thing.  I ran in a Nike Dart 7.  My first workout was a 1.95 mile walk in thirty minutes on March 20th 2011. Six days later I went for my first run, 2 miles in 29:00.  I don't know if I was really hooked then but I have not stopped yet.  Running has it's ups and downs, its called hill repeats, and so does life.  I hope this blog will be encouraging to my fellow runners and readers.  Please join me on this journey to pursuit 50 miles.

No comments: