Thursday, October 03, 2013

Last Taper Run

     It is a great feeling to get to your last taper run.  What a year it has been.  3 months with more than 200 miles each month. My first 50 miler.  A chance to pace again.  And now my last road marathon.  Other than some extra days of recovery here and there most of them after my 50, it feels good to be healthy through it all.  
    Took an easy run for my last taper run.  Just a tick under 10:00 average for 3+ miles.  The signs of fall are starting to be seen.  I have to admit that it brings a bit of sadness.  Running season is over and things are changing.  Shorter days and winter running is on the way.
   But until that there is still more work to be done, 
one more race to be run.  








With my eyes looking into the sun and the smell of burning wood mixed with rain I felt ready, I felt connected with the earth.
Let not my soul be anguished. 
Soon the sun will set and the running will be finished.
Let not my soul be in anguish
till that moment
My sole is strengthened
miles and miles will lengthen 
till 26.2 is achieved
victory received!

No comments: