Monday, April 21, 2014

I promised....and lied.

This year I promised my wife and running buddy that I would not run a race longer than 13.1 miles.  After attempting to fit into my nice clothes at Easter I realized, I lied.  I need to train for ultra marathons to fit into the clothes I own.  I need to train for ultra marathons so I can eat the food I like.
     Today I saw the wheelchair division finish the Boston Marathon.  I wanted to leave my desk and go run 26.2 this evening.  Then I saw the women's finish.  And then I wanted to sign up for a marathon, but I promised my wife and running buddy I wouldn't.  Next, Meb K. Won the Boston Marathon.  I realized I lied.  I really want to run long distances again.  I never said that I wouldn't run 13.1 and then 13.1 again, right away.  

No comments: