Sunday, July 28, 2013

On the horizon

I am always thinking forward.  The last couple of days I have been thinking about my 2014 running schedule.  I don't know if I will try another 50 next year.  I love the journey but I want to be around more to be a part of my kids journey.  When they are older and involved in school and friends I may revisit the land of 50+
Next year I am doing The North Face again either the 50k or marathon.  I won a free entry at a fun run with Dean Karnazes.  But other than that I have no clue.  Last year at this time I knew I would do Lakefront Marathon.  There are a few races that I would like to do.  John Dick 50k, and South Shore Half.  Both races cost less than 15$ so why not.  The following is a list of races that are on my radar for 2014.

The Big Ten 10k
Grandma's Marathon
Rock N Roll Chicago
Madison Mini
Door County Half
Ice Age 50k or Half
Dances With Dirt Half
Rock N Sole Half
Grand Island Marathon
Twin Cities Marathon
Chicago 50k

If money was not an issue I would love to run New York or the Marines Marathon, but not this year.  I don't know where next year will take me.  I would love to go on a destination race.  I wish there were more fall half marathons in the Midwest.  For now I will keep my eye on the horizon and continue charging towards 50.

No comments: