Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Training...on a wing and a prayer.

I am sure that I have said this before.  I don't know what I am doing.  This 50 miler training is new to me and must be others too, there is nothing published online.  For marathons there are neatly packaged plans that offer personal bests if you only follow their prescribed steps.  Miss a step and it blows your confidence come race day.  "Trust your training" they say.  With out having a plan your confidence is just as torn not knowing if you have done enough.
     As far as running shape I feel good.   Finally today as I write this my legs are better from this weekends 50k.  My calves were very heavy and tight.  Tomorrow is the last day of July and I once again ran more miles than ever before this month.  I hope to finish around 211 miles, ending with 3 miles with Joy.
     When I make a running schedule I look at other plans and mix them together to get an idea of what I want to do.  With lack of plans to pull from I added distance to marathon programs.  I wished to include a marathon, 50k, and back to back 20 milers.  With two of the three complete I don't know if I need to do back to back 20's.  I feel in shape enough to run a marathon even a 50k in a couple of weeks if need be.  Am I able to run a 50 miler right now?  I don't know and I don't know what I need to do to get there.  I may not know if I can until I toe the line on race day.
Until then keep charging and pursue 50 miles.  

No comments: