Wednesday, August 07, 2013

August

August has always been a busy time in our family.  There are many birthdays and with that family outings.  My oldest is now starting school in the fall, and that makes for more busyness.   Add to that running.  August and September are always prime running time for anyone training for a fall race.  This August I expect I will have my most mileage of any month, ever.
I feel like every weekend for the next 8 weeks is full,  just ask my wife.
This weekend I have a 20 miler and a 10 miler.
August 17th 27 miles and 13.1 on Sunday
August 24th I am running the BLS Half and 6.2 on Sunday
Aug 31st I am helping others train for a half marathon running 10 miles
The weekend of Sept 7th two 10k's
September 14th is the weekend of the 50 miler
Next weekend after that a 6 mile training run with others to help them achieve their goals.
Sept 28th is the Brewers Mini Marathon that I am pacing for.
October 6th is the Lakefront Marathon.
I feel like after the next two weeks I will get a break in the mileage as taper begins.  I love running and I love running A LOT but I do not think I will do a 50 again until the girls are older.  That or do a 50 with less miles in training, only train for a full marathon and try my hand at 50.
I need to get through the next couple weeks....keep charging towards 50.

No comments: