Saturday, November 15, 2014

Build Week #5

Wow.  I can't believe that 5 weeks have pasted already.  This week started a mile walk to church.   Monday I was able to run my 5k route.  Tuesday was a mile warm up on the bike then weights.  Wednesday I rested and Thursday did 4 miles on the treadmill at the gym.  Friday was movie night with family.  Saturday I had all hopes to run 10 miles.  By Wednesday I felt like 8 would be okay, I checked the weather and thought 6 indoors would be great, by Saturday it is going to be football and beer.  Friday night I was eating cookies while planning my route for Saturday's long run.  I had set out to run 7.25.  When I woke up Saturday my phone said 8 degrees. No. Thank. You.  So I went to the gym and figured 6.2 was good enough.  Once I got on the treadmill I thought blah and ended at 2 miles.  I'll go out tomorrow at noon when its 32 degrees.  I just didn't have it today.  I went and lifted for 25 minutes and even that was not satisfying.  Overall I am feeling good.  11.2 miles this week and 66.2 total for the 5 weeks.

 There is an event coming soon that I would like to sign up for.  Last year was the inaugural event and I missed it.  The cost is 20$ plus a toy.  If I were to sign up for this I would not have enough funds to sign up for my spring race that I have my eye on.  The race is a 20k or 10k indoor on a .285 mile track.  My spring race that I have my eye on is 80$ and sells out in less than 8 hours.

No comments: