Saturday, November 16, 2013

Addicted to sugar

I love sugar.  Let me say that again, I LOOOOOVE SUGAR.  Cookies wont last more than a day in this house, because I eat them all.  You would think I'm covered in blue fur the way I eat cookies.  It is not because I am hiding in the closet or waiting till the kids go to bed.  I am eating them in the wide open,  in the daylight with the curtains open.  No shame in my sugar game.  It's not just cookies, but chocolate too and mints from the drawer at work.  Did I mention ice cream, or should I say custard.  Custard is like ice cream, but way better.  I have lost all control.  When I was in training for my 50 I gave up a lot of sugar.  I knew that if I limited my body sugar, when I needed it during a run in the form of a gel my body would respond better.
Fast forward two months and 8 pounds heavier.  I am not running nearly as many miles I used to.  And I have no event to work for.  Add to that stress.  My diet has been lost.  I've been eating pizza because its easy.  Extra bowls of cereal after eating a big dinner.  Stress eating is nothing new to me.  I discovered that frightening truth about myself on my journey.  I just got off the scale 173.4.  Something needs to be done before it gets worse.  Holidays are right around the corner too, a usually difficult dieting time of year.  My summer running weight is around 165, +- 2 pounds.

 The way I see it I can either run more miles or face the issue.  If you have any ideas let me know.  I plan on eating lots of apples.  I heard an idea to melt dark chocolate in peanut butter and grab only a spoonful when faced with a craving.

 Until I can figure a way to cut sugar from my diet and fight cravings I will be cranky and irritable.

  Pass the cookies please.  






No comments: